- Detailed explanations of all the information covered in the API 570 'Body of Knowledge' including: ASME welding requirements for pressure piping section IX and B31.3 VIII;
- ASME non-destructive testing principles and application of Section V;
- pressure piping design review ASME B31.3, weld sizes, pipe branch reinforcement, brittle fracture, weld efficiency factors, post weld heat treatment;
- pressure piping inspection practices; API 570 inspection, repair and re-rating of piping, inspection intervals, inspection requirements, relationships to ASME codes.
- Corrosion, minimum thickness determination and remaining life calculations;
- inspection and degradation mechanisms of piping corrosion and cracking mechanisms, erosion, common corrodents, hydrogen and H2S damage, alloy degradation.